Cook Job Description
Working with and reporting to our executive chef, our cooks will have duties including and not limited to:
Duties & Responsibilities
· Offering warm and professional service to our residents and their guests
· Leading the preparing, service, and cleanup of all meals and snacks.
· Supervising and assisting with the cleaning of dishware, glassware, and cutlery at the conclusion of mealtimes.
· Supervising and assisting in the cleaning of kitchen wares and the overall cleanliness and sanitization of the kitchen.
· Taking ownership in the organization and completion of all culinary prep and execution and service.
· Logging temperatures of food items and refrigeration units.
· Ensures that food is properly stored.
· Welcome our culinary hires and help them in achieving proper training.
· Provide mentorship and encourage our junior staff members.
· Strives to improve cooking skills and expands knowledge about food products and techniques.
· To follow and act in accordance with provincial health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures as outlined by Westbury Estates.
· To complete other duties as assigned.
· Attend all training sessions and departmental meetings.
· Providing warm and personalized service to our residents and to be an actively engaged member of the team!
· This is a great opportunity for an apprentice to log hours, gain experience, and progress toward their Red Seal under a journeyman chef.
· Must possess a Food Handler's Certificate
· Current first aid and CPR certification
· Demonstrates ability to supervise and lead the team during busy times.
· Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand/walk for majority of shift
· Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
· Preference given to those with 5+ years in large volume scratch cooking.
· Good communication skills and ability to work well and lead others.
· Medical Certificate (including proof of immunization and TB testing).
· WHMIS Training
· Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
Work Location: One location